HOW TO DRESS FOR SENIOR EVENTS
CAP AND GOWN ETTIQUETTE:
· Cap and gown should be tried on when they are received to ensure proper fitting. Gown (and stole) should be hung up or dry cleaned to get rid of the wrinkles.
· Nothing should be worn on the gown or stole.
· Red stoles, honor cords, and honor medallions should be worn around the neck.
· Cap should be worn so that board is parallel to the ground. No embellishments.
· Cap and gown should not be worn to/from events. Seniors should bring the gown and stole on a hanger and dress after arriving.
WITH CAP AND GOWN:
· White button up dress shirt, short or long sleeve, tucked in
· Nice khaki pants with belt
· Conservative tie – no bow ties
· Dress or dressy casual shoes and socks – no boots
· White dress – must meet school dress code requirements (proper length, straps at least one-inch wide, no low cut neckline, appropriate undergarments)
· White heeled shoes – must be closed toe or peekaboo toe with back
· Jewelry should be very conservative
CAP AND GOWN ARE WORN FOR THE FOLLOWING EVENTS:
· Baccalaureate, May 14 at 8:00 in auditorium*
· Class Day, May 17 at 9:00 in the auditorium*
· Graduation, May 18 at 6:30 in the gym**
*Males meet in Mrs. Medeiros’ room to dress.
*Females meet in Ms. McGhee’s room to dress.
**All seniors meet in the band room to dress.
Seniors change into the senior class t-shirt and jeans to attend the Class Day Luncheon – NO SHORTS or LEGGINGS.
MUST ARRIVE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO
THE BEGINNING OF EACH EVENT